Published on May 22nd, 2015 | by Catherine Tingey2
Top 5 Reasons to Hire a Private Yoga Instructor
TOP 5 REASONS TO HIRE A PRIVATE YOGA INSTRUCTOR
1) Intimidated about taking a class? Southern California and Santa Monica in particular is ground zero for yoga. It seems nearly everyone does it. That drives the overall ability level up, and it can be hard to a find a TRUE BASIC CLASS for beginners. I’ve attended basic classes at several studios and often there is very little actual teaching involved. The assumption is that everyone has a skills foundation and sometimes that simply isn’t the case.
2) Pressed for time? A private yoga instructor brings yoga to you, wherever you are. Home, hotel, apartment or office, we bring everything you need.
3) Injured? Many of my clients are recovering from surgery, injury or illness. Private yoga instruction ensures that the class is at your level, and that postures are modified to accommodate your unique circumstances. One of my clients blew out her shoulders from years of Ashtanga jumpthroughs. She struggled to find a class without Chaturangas and at a time she could consistently make. After 6 months of private instruction, her shoulder has healed and she has returned to group classes.
4) Reboot your old practice. Sometimes a client will decide to gift themselves several months of yoga to get back into a yoga groove. They remember how wonderful they felt when they were doing yoga regularly, and want to get a jumpstart on it.
5) Accountability. Working with a private yoga instructor will force you to get to your mat. Plus, having someone witness your progress week after week will be a good yardstick for how far you’ve come.
**Semi-Privates Grab a friend, partner or spouse and do private yoga together. A good value and quality bonding time.